The Kid is the most versatile medium sized charge controller on the market. Ideal for small renewable energy systems. The Kid allows for true input paralleling. As your power needs grow, add more modules to the array and a second Kid. This will give twice the power from a single array.
The Kid's HyperVOC feature allows up to 162 VOC (the Kid will not be harmed by voltages between 150 and 162 VDC - this is the HyperVOC range). The Kid will remain in standby until the voltage is 150V or below.
For Wind and Hydro use MidNite's Wind Kid. The Wind Kid comes with the Kid Clipper.
AGS (Auto Generator Start)
The Kid is the first charge controller in the industry to feature a two wire Automatic Generator Start (AGS) as standard equipment. The Kid detects when the generator is running by simply watching battery voltage over time. No extra wires or voltage sensing is required, making installation a snap.
The Kid has a fully adjustable intelligent lighting controller built in. It can turn lighting on at dusk for a select number of hours, turn it off for a length of time and then back on for a programmable number of hours before dawn. All time functions are fully adjustable, allowing users to save valuable energy. An additional feature in the lighting controller allows you to adjust the voltage needed on the PV module for the Kid to register "daytime". This is important if you are using the Kid for a solar street light and the lights are located above the PV modules. Most controllers would end up leaving the light off all night, but not the Kid!
- Includes AGS (Auto Generator Start)
- MPPT tracking
- True paralleling - inputs and outputs for two Kids
- Up to 150V input
- MidNite's exclusive HyperVOC extends the input voltage beyond 150 VOC for cold climates
- 12, 24, 36, 48V battery output
- Lighting controller: dusk-dawn, hourly, day, night settings
- Up to 30 amps battery output
- No fan
- Reverse polarity protected
- Battery Temp Sensor (MNBTS) standard with marine version
- Front panel exchangeable fuses for battery, input and load/clipper
- 3 LED bar graph for battery status at a glance
- Keypad for access to extensive menu items and set points
- Includes wall mount adapter (boat mount bracket included on marine versions)
- Sealed for harsh environments
- Built in Arlington, WA USA
- 2 year warranty